Running late for work? On a road trip with your best buddies? Taking a long drive with your sweetheart? In all the three circumstances, the one thing that is common is eating in the comfort of your car. However, eating on the go can prove to be costly for you in the long run. Want to know in what ways? Take a look at some of the reasons why eating in the car should be erased from your list permanently! If you do eat in your car- make sure to vacuum it out to keep it clean!
- Beware of the Biohazards – No matter what you eat, the food crumbs can get into spaces you can’t even imagine. Imagine the grease from that burger dripping to tight spaces in the seat or worse, dripping on your dashboard. Even when you clean it immediately, the food will keep lodged in till the time you opt for a complete car vacuum or wash. This will also happen when you forget that you are eating and in a hurried spree, touch the handbrake/steering wheel with your oily hands. The germs from the residue will remain for a long time. Not exactly what you have in mind, right?
- The Smell, The Smell – This one’s a no-brainer. When you are served food in a restaurant, diner or in your kitchen, the spillage on the countertops can be cleaned quickly and sanitized well. When the same happens in your vehicle, you may not be able to clean it with the exact same effect. Especially when the food spills on your car’s upholstery. There will always be some residue that will remain in the vehicle, and it will start a bad stench sooner or later. And we all know that it is extremely unpleasant.
- Chances of Stains – Imagine having a beige, off-white or any other light-colored leather upholstery in your car. Now imagine dropping a dark chocolate ice-cream or oyster sauce or anything that has the potential to leave a stain behind. It will ruin the interior of your car and will also be extremely difficult to clean.
- The Habit Is Unhealthy – Even if you let go of the hygiene part, eating while you drive or on the go is an unhealthy habit. It may often happen that you absentmindedly end up eating more than what you ideally should. This holds true when you are eating from the drive-through restaurants. So even if you are trying to eat healthy, it is this habit that will mar all your efforts. What you can do instead is drive somewhere, get out of your car and eat. Or eat and then start driving on your way to work.
- Selling the Car Can Be Difficult – When you constantly eat in your car, it can prove to be detrimental to selling your car as well. Sometimes, food bits can be difficult to remove and clean even with the most powerful tools. This is one of the crucial reasons to start a “no food rule” in the car. This will help maintain your vehicle in a pristine state.
Now that you have seen the flipsides of eating food in the car, make it a point to steer clear of it as it will be beneficial for you, your family and of course, your vehicle. Know someone who could benefit from a car wash? It’s time to gift them a unique Beecleanwash gift card and help them maintain their vehicles in top condition! For more information, feel free to get in touch with our representatives, who’ll explain the process in detail.